Wednesday, November 6, 2013

So Not Education Related!

So if you're reading today to find a cute free resource or some great teaching advice, you might want to skip this post.  Because I'm here to talk -- Walking Dead!

My son was my watching partner, but he went and joined the Marines on me, so now I have no one to watch the Walking Dead with and no one to have deep discussion with about each episode.

Are any of you willing to be my Walking Dead partners?  You can pull my hands down away from my face as I peek through the small hole I leave in my interlaced fingers when I think something scary is going to happen.

This my Called to Glory National Catholic Youth Conference babushka I got two years ago.  I wear it around the house when my hair is bugging me or I'm cleaning, and I just want it out of my eyes.

This is what I do with my babushka during Walking Dead.  I pull it over my eyes, and it is just thin enough that I can see shadows through it.  If I tilt my head up slightly, I can see underneath it, but I only do that when the danger is definitely past.
Seriously.  I'm not making this up.

So, Sunday's episode -- Do you think Rick was right to kick Carol out?  Is she going to come back and cause chaos for the group?  Maybe hook up with the Governor for revenge?

At first, I was all indignant, like, how can he do that to poor, sweet, slightly-off-her-rocker Carol?  I mean, she's been with the group since Atlanta, right?  But the more I thought about it, the more I think maybe it's the right thing to do.  After all, you can't have someone going all vigilante against the few remaining humans during a zombie apocalypse, right?  And maybe the two sick  people would have recovered, or the antibiotics would have gotten there in time to save them.  Because you know they're going to get back with the antibiotics.  Can't have Glen dying.

And speaking of antibiotics, do you think Darryl -- hubba, hubba -- is going to go ballistic when he finds out Rick kicked Carol out?  The group can't afford to lose Darryl.  I mean, who else can calmly get a vehicle running again while the zombies shamble out of the bushes at him?  I do think he needs a hair trim, though.  He's looking a tad too shaggy.

How are you all liking the softer, gentler Michonne?  I like it.  Because you know what, she can still go all ninja zombie killer without missing a beat.

Those are all my burning questions.  Please share with me your observations, thoughts, opinions, or your favorite way to watch the scary parts so I don't feel so alone in my zombie-lovin' world. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley,
    I love the Walking Dead! I think Darryl is going to go crazy when he finds out about Carol. He just might leave on his own. I also think he might end up with Michonne.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie! So glad to talk to you! I sure hope Darryl doesn't leave the group. He and Carol seemed to have a "thing" developing, but lately he and Michonne seem to be showing some interest in each other. Maybe she will be the reason Darryl decides to stay.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about this post!

 
Blogging tips