Saturday, August 17, 2013

Just Eating Guacamole

It's a sunny Saturday, and I just got back from grocery shopping.  I gave in and bought my one weakness, addiction, obsession, and that is guacamole!  I unpacked my groceries, made a nice sandwich, and opened just one pouch of the guacamole, and now I'm indulging myself.  I love the kind with chunks of avocado and creamy goodness and spice, sigh.  Bliss.

I also bought laminating film and more laminating film and pack of goldfish, but that's a story for later on.

Guacamole sandwich.  Yum!
Right now, it's all about the guacamole.  Maybe I should save my daughter some.  She loves guacamole, too. We make tortilla guacamole sandwiches.  Do you know what those are?  Take two round tortilla chips.  Scoop some guac on one.  Put the other one on top. Viola!

So all this senseless talk is just because:
1.  I don't want to think about school right now.  It's my last weekend before school starts, and I just want to enjoy it.
2.  I know you all know about the big back-to-school sale over at {TPT}.  I feel like I should show you some of my stuff, talk about the {religion} and {back-to-school bundles} I put together offering  great resources at reduced prices, yada, yada, yada, but I just don't feel like it.
3.  Maybe I should even show you some of the stuff I've been laminating to decorate my room.  I've got cute {Applicious Room Helpers}, a darling {How Do You Go Home clip chart}with a great graphing activity follow-up, a {monthly journal writing assessment packet} that will take you from the start until the end of school,  blah, blah, blah. But I just don't feel like it.

I just want to eat my guacamole out at the poolside in the sun.  When my daughter gets home, we'll share what's left and make guacamole sandwiches.  And that's what I'm going to do.

I miss her toothless grin.  She's growing up waaaay to fast.
If my sales are dismal, so be it.  At least I'll have a killer tan and the memory of guacamole in my mouth.
Hope you're making good memories this day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lesley,

    My name is Martin and I'm a teacher from Canada. I just started a new website called Resources4teaching where educators can buy and sell lessons and educational resources. We are new and are looking for people to join and put up their materials for sale on our website. We are having an iPad draw for the first 100 Vendors who join and upload at least 1 lesson /resource for sale on our website. There are absolutely no fees to join and you earn royalties of 70%. You can visit us at: http://www.resources4teaching.com/blog/

    If you know any other teachers who might be interested in this Website, please forward this to them and if you have any questions, feel free to message me.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about this post!

 
Blogging tips