Monday, October 1, 2012

Grateful for the Little Things

Today is the Feast Day of St. Therese of Lisiuex.  You may not know much about her, but she entered the convent at age 15 in the late 1800s.  She dreamed of being a missionary, but she was too tiny and sickly to travel.  So she decided that she would do simple, everyday things to the best of her ability, and offer them to Jesus as a prayer.  She died at age 24.

As I looked around my classroom today, I found so many little things to celebrate.  First, there were 16 little faces looking at me, wondering what we were going to do next.   Then there was the awesome job the children did on their Johnny Appleseed collaborative book.  Wow, I"ve never had a class do such a nice job illustrating the words!  In honor of St. Therese, and the little things in my classroom I'm grateful for, I'm giving you my Johnny Appleseed Unit as a freebie. Put it away for next year!  Click on this link, Johhny Appleseed Unit to download it.


I hope you find many little things to be grateful for each day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about this post!

 
Blogging tips