Saturday, January 19, 2013

Music Activites for Multiple Intelligences - Teaching Dolch Wordsthrough Song

Browsing through TPT this morning, I came across this free item

medium-486768-1
The product is  3rd Grade Dolch Sight Words Songs.  It's a cute little song that just goes through the Dolch sight words as it projects them on the screen.

Now, I don't know about you, but I have a few - 2 - kiddos who are struggling in first grade with remembering the sight words.  I think through song is probably the only way I haven't tried to teach them these sight words.  I'm really hoping he puts out a K, 1, 2 version.

I like that this addresses one of the multiple intelligences that I do not hit quite as strongly as others.  I'm more of a visual person myself, so I tend to teach that way, which is why I'm always on the lookout for resources that do hit those other intelligences.  Which of the intelligences do you feel you are strongest or weakest in when you teach?

If you're interested in checking it out, just click on the picture above to visit the seller's store.

I'm lucky enough to have MLK Day off, but if you're still looking for a resource for MLK, check out my product, "Let's Learn about Martin Luther King, Jr."  It includes social studies, language arts, and math resources, as well as a peace craft.

aaa

And one last freebie-for-a-day for you.  Cyndie at First Grade Teacher is venturing into creating complete bulletin board sets!  How great is that?  She has her first one on a one-day flash freebie for SATURDAY only.  After that, it's still a great deal at $3.00!  It's a darling spring bulletin board called "We're All A Twitter."  Click on the little picture to check it out full size and  and grab it today!
medium-505062-1

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about this post!

 
Blogging tips