Sunday, January 13, 2013

Winter Centers - Gone in a Flash!

I had so much fun with my last flash freebie that I decided to do it again, this time with my newest finished teaching eSource, Winter Centers.
Jan Centersjpg_Page1

Desktop24

I'm a little late to the party with this center, but let me tell you a story about how they came to be.  I sat down to make a recording sheet to go along with my alphabetizing center for the month of January.  After I made the recording sheet, I looked at my raggedy old alphabetizing cards that I've used the past 5 years and thought, "Let me just whip up some new cards to go with my recording sheet."  So I did.

Then I looked at my Polar Bear Fishy Facts center.  Next to my shiny, new alphabetizing center, the dingy graphics and bent cards looked, well, sad.  So I thought, "How long can it take to whip out new fish and polar bears.  After all, I have this awesome graphics set from Primary Paradise that would work perfectly."  So I did.
medium-421413-1

Then I thought, "I need a center to work with our math unit of place value. Surely that will be easy enough to put together."  So I did.

Finally, I had one empty board left in my library center, and our newest spelling list introduces silent E, so -- well, you know the rest.

So 5 days, 41 pages,  approximately 25 hours of work, and two too many 2:30 nights later, "Winter Centers - "Snow" Much Learning Fun" was born.   I truly had no intention of putting together a set of winter centers.  I was thinking February.  But these winter centers were demanding to be made, so I went with them.   Is that how it works for you all as well?

To celebrate going to bed at 12:30  last night instead of 2:30 -- who knew the difference that extra two hours could make -- I'm have a two-hour flash freebie.  It is now 2:00 PM EST on Sunday, January 13.  For the next two hours, "Winter Centers - "Snow" Much Learning Fun" will be free!  But hurry because this offer will be gone in a flash!

If you missed the flash freebie, this teaching eSource will be available for $5.50 in my store.

Good luck!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like me...staying up to the wee hours of the morning creating something I didn´t intend to do:) I love seeing the finished product though, don´t you?:) BTW I love your flash freebie idea...I´ll have to start doing that:) Thank You too, I downloaded it...going to go see if it´s done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who stays up too late creating things I didn't intend to create. And you're right, I do love seeing the finished product!

    The flash freebies are fun! You should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU SO MUCH! This completely fits the bill for what I was looking for this week. I went to the teaching store and overspent as usual and didn't have anything left for last minute additions.You are a life saver. My kids have AIMSWeb testing this week and I needed something they could do as they filter in and out of my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to do a flash freebie! Love your new unit!

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, talk about perfect timing! So glad you can use them and I decided to do a flash freebie on them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Flash freebies are fun. I've seen others do them on Facebook, so thought I would give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful unit!
    deb1mom@bbtel.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. It is chock full of centers, and knowing teachers, you all will think of many other ways to use the materials.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang it is 4:03!! I always miss the good ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should have checked! By the time I took it down, it was about 10 after 4.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about this post!

 
Blogging tips